Pulmonary function testing is a simple, noninvasive, and reproducible procedure which is carried out to diagnose Obstructive (Asthma, COPD etc) and Restrictive Lung disorders (Interstitial Fibrosis etc) and asses their severity. Here the patient is asked to “Blow” into a computerized machine to assess lung functions.
We have the latest computerized pulmonary function laboratory which provides routine pulmonary diagnostic tests and many more specialized procedures. The tests available in this unit include:
- Spirometry (Adults and Children)
- Maximum Ventilation Volume (MVV)
- Lung Volume and Sub-divisions, including TLC, RV and FRC by Multi breath Helium Dilution Method
- Single Breath Diffusion Capacity of Lungs (DLCO-He),
- Pre and Post Bronchodilator comparison
- Bed side spirometry, for patients admitted to nursing homes