Bronchoscopy is a brief invasive procedure meant for viewing Bronchial tree from within, under light, for fulfilling diagnostic and therapeutic motives.
This flexible bronchoscopy is usually performed via either nasal or oral route under local anesthesia with mild sedation.
Diagnostic and therapeutic indicators:
- Malignancy, meditational mass, infections
- Unexplained lung collapsed
- Interstitial lung disease
- Haemoptysis, unexplained chronic cough
- Endotracheal intubation
- Tracheobronchial stricture and stenosis
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Stent placement
- Bronchoalveolar lavage